Sunday 26 January 2014

Pecan Blondies

I was rooting through my kitchen cupboards last weekend, when I found a bag of pecans! I remembered seeing a recipe for these blondies in my Great British Bake Off book and decided to make use of the pecans. I then realised I had no white chocolate, so had to go to the shop anyways! But it was totally worth it!!


These were so good. They were really quick and simple to make and tasted scrumptious! They were soft and slightly chewy, just the way a brownie should be! I brought them out to my mum's house, and together we worked our way through the entire batch in no time. Definitely a recipe I'll be adding to my ever-growing list of regular bakes.


225g white chocolate, chopped
115g unsalted buter
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
125g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
75g pecans, halved

Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray. Put 175g of the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave. To stop chocolate from burning in the microwave, blast it in short bursts and when it is nearly melted, take it out and stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar and leave to cool for 2 minutes. In another bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla until frothy. Add this to the chocolate mixture and stir well until glossy. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir in. Add the pecans and remaining 50g of chocolate and stir in. Transfer mixture to the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or a skewer comes out clean. Set the tray on a wire rack and let cool completely before turning out and cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment