Sunday 13 April 2014

Mini Cheesecake Easter Eggs

I've mentioned my favourite baking blog Raspberri Cupcakes before. The recipe that brought me to the blog (via The Londoner) was these cheesecake filled chocolate Easter eggs. That was about a year ago and I've been dying to make them ever since. Easter is just around the corner so I finally got my chance.


These were surprisingly simple to make. The hardest part was finding the hollow chocolate eggs. I looked everywhere and couldn't get proper egg-sized ones so ended up with smaller ones from Lidl. I'm actually really glad with the way it turned out, as they were perfectly bite-sized.


I made 48 eggs as I wanted to bring these into work as a pre-Easter holiday treat, and I also made some for mum. I had intended to swap the passion fruit curd for lemon curd, but as my eggs were so small I didn't want to waste the curd so just went with some simple yellow icing to make the "yolk".


(adapted from Raspberri Cupcakes)

Cheesecake Filling
300g cream cheese, softened
60g icing sugar
4 tsp lemon juice
250ml double cream

Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice together. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture. 

Lemon Icing
50g icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
 Yellow food colouring

These quantities are just a guideline. I started with the amount above and then judged it by eye to get the right consistency, adding in a little bit of icing sugar or lemon juice at a time.  And then when I was happy with the consistency, I added in a few drops of yellow food colouring.

Pipe the cheesecake mixture into your hollow chocolate eggs. I used old egg cartons to hold everything upright. Then pipe a dot of lemon icing on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment